BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER SPLITTING: SYMPTOMS AND CARE
Borderline Personality Disorder Splitting is a growing concern because of its severity and symptoms. Splitting is a term coined for seeing things as all good or as all bad. BPD is a severe form of mental illness characterised by a pattern of mood swings, impulsive actions and problems with relationships. Splitting is sometimes referred to as black or white. It is challenging for the family or friend to control the erratic behaviour of the patient. It can be exhausting, challenging, confusing and also disturbing. People should not be ashamed of consulting a doctor if they have a mental disorder. They must remember they are not alone.
Symptoms of BPD
- The person can show erratic behaviour and mood swings.
- Uncontrollable anger and showing own Superiority.
- Impulsive actions like rash driving, spending.
- Difficulty in social interaction and trusting people.
- Can self-harm
- Fear of abandonment
There are many signs and symptoms that can be diagnosed by a psychiatrist. Meeting a doctor and mental disorders should not be stigmatised. Those living with mental illnesses and not consulting a doctor because of fear of social stigma are left with judgements and Orthodox behaviours. The doctors can provide proper care and counselling that prevents the condition from worsening.
If your close and loved ones suffer from BPD, the care should start from home. Love, respect, patience and positivity can help him/her recover fast.
- Understanding: The family and friend must understand that the impulsive and weird behaviour is just the the defence mechanism and should be patiently handled.
- Treatment: Encourage the person to go for counselling and therapies. That can help him overcome his fear and anxieties. Therapies can be dialectical behavioural therapy, realisation based therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy.
- Boundaries: Working with the therapist, establish boundaries between you and the BPD person. Should that line be crossed, as calmly and composed as possible, explain why you need to withdraw? This maneuver can save the relationship.
- Communication: Speak out your emotions, fear, dilemma, anxiety. Burst out the feelings that will eventually help you.
- Love: This is an essential thing, and you should let the individual know that you still care for them even though their actions can be hurtful.
If you are suffering from BPD or any other mental disorders, be vocal and discuss your public issues. Ask people to consult a doctor if they are mentally traumatised too. This can help many people, who let down their own well being because of fear of getting judged and stigmatised. For any psychiatric help, consult Dr Swati Mittal, the best counselling psychologist in Noida. Fix your appointment now!
Dr. Swati Mittal is a well-known depression doctor in Noida. She is trained in psychiatry and cognitive therapy to treat psychological issues of all forms, such as depression , anxiety, mental problems, and more. Dr. Swati offers a broad array of services at the Swastik Assist Homes, Sector 92, Noida. She is also the consultant psychiatrist at Fortis Healthcare, Noida. .